MPA and MPP Job list SL County Communications and PR Manager - Community Services
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Wed Feb 20 09:48:34 MST 2013
Communications and Public Relations Manager
$62,328.00 to $77,256.00 per year
Salt Lake County Government Center - 2001 South State Street
This position requires that you be available 24/7 to respond to crisis communication situations, and to have a plan in place for when you are not available.
Develops, manages, implements, and monitors the division's strategic communication efforts with respect to public relations, government relations, and marketing. Collaborates with the community and various governmental agencies.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Public Relations, Public Administration, Marketing, Political Science or other closely related field, plus six (6) years of related experience; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
* Conceptualizes and implements comprehensive communication plans and programs. Monitors and evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
* Serves as a member of the leadership team. Advises staff on sensitive political issues and effective communication. Facilitates short- and long-term planning and helps ensure successful implementation.
* Serves as the designated contact for media inquiries relating to emergency operations, special events, or programs. Provides direct responses, press releases, and special reports.
* Collaborates with the community and various governmental agencies to achieve cooperation and leadership for projects that advance goals and objectives of the division.
* Trains staff on effective public relations and media strategies. Advises staff on how to effectively build rapport with communities and the media.
* Coordinates the implementation of marketing and promotional efforts. Directs the editorial content and format of internal and external publications.
* Manages and oversees the creation and updates of websites and social media efforts. Trains staff on technology to promote programs and facilities.
* Prepares strategic reports or presentations designed to educate and inform stakeholders.
Melissa Yack Hall, MPA, ABD
MPA Program Manager
University of Utah
Orson Spencer Hall 214
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs