MPA and MPP Job list Salt Lake County Benefits Manager
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Wed Jun 5 13:36:39 MDT 2013
$68,000 to $101,000
Salt Lake County Government Center - 2001 South State Street
Please CLICK HERE<http://admin.slco.org/uploadedFiles/box/fHR/jobs/Benefits%20Manager%20Brochure.pdf> to view our national recruitment brochure.
Administers a comprehensive county-wide program of benefits including medical, dental, retirement, long term disability (LTD), group life, wellness programs, and deferred compensation programs. Manages County benefit programs with the assistance of third party administrators, for all benefit eligible employees and retirees. Supervises assigned professional and para-professional employees.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration or other closely related field, plus six (6) years of related experience, of which two (2) years must have been supervisory; OR an equivalent combination of directly related education and experience. Education may not be substituted for the required supervisory experience.
Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration or other closely related field, plus four (4) years of related experience, of which two (2) years must have been supervisory or administrative; OR an equivalent combination of directly related education and experience. Education may not be substituted for the required supervisory experience.
Preference may be given for current Professional Human Resources or Benefits Certificates.
* Administers and communicates County benefits program(s) as they relate to plan options policy features, enrollment and other requirements.
* Ensures County benefit programs are in compliance with federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
* Anticipates and responds to changes in benefits legislation and directs the implementation of appropriate/corresponding changes to County benefits programs, policies, and procedures.
* Evaluates utilization, value, costs, and experience information pertaining to employee benefit programs; determines the financial impact of decisions and proposals relating to existing and new employee benefits; makes recommendations as appropriate.
* Evaluates new benefit initiatives, benefit changes and /or plan design.
* Negotiates and manages benefits related contracts.
* Acts as liaison with benefits providers to ensure appropriate coverage is provided in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Designs comprehensive training/orientation sessions to communicate County benefits; coordinates enrollment and re-enrollment process.
* Interprets and explains benefit program eligibility criteria.
* Supervises assigned personnel either directly or through subordinate supervisors.
* Directs the maintenance and preparation of a variety of routine and special records and reports necessary for program operation.
* Participates in County Wellness Plan development and coordination.
Melissa Yack Hall, MPA, ABD
MPA Program Manager
University of Utah
Orson Spencer Hall 214
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs