MPA and MPP Job list Executive Assistant to Mayor McAdams
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Mon Jun 24 10:25:55 MDT 2013
Position Description & Qualifications:
Executive Assistant to Mayor Ben McAdams
The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate the Mayor's calendar, speaking engagements, travel arrangements, and to organize meetings, conferences, trainings, and special events. The position will also:
· Be responsible for staffing the strategic scheduling meeting and facilitating a strategic scheduling effort. Including ensuring all appropriate staff are included in meetings and the Mayor's time is most effectively utilized.
· Develop and maintain effective lines of communication and relationships with staff, federal, state, and local governments, elected officials, and the private sector
· Facilitate acquiring all needed research to work with the communication staff on developing appropriate remarks and speeches for the Mayor.
· Act as liaison for the Mayor with both internal and external customers, exercise administrative judgment as appropriate, author and edit correspondence on behalf of the Mayor
· Research and compile data, maintain organized records and files related to the Mayor's events, meetings and correspondence.
· Provide active and ongoing support to promote and ensure effective and efficient day to day operations of the Mayor's Office and Salt Lake County Government
· Assist with answering and responding to general phone calls into the Mayor's Office.
· Screens visitors and/or callers to determine nature of requests or problems and resolves issues or refers to appropriate staff member.
Prefered Qualifications include:
· 5 plus years increasingly responsible administrative assistant/secretarial experience (preferably includes 2 years to executive level management) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience conducting strategic scheduling meetings
· Proficiency in Microsoft software applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint - Proven ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology
· Strong interpersonal skills - Excellent Communication Skills - Ability to interact effectively with Council Members, external executives and co-workers.
· Poise in representing the Mayor with Council members, business contacts and other community leaders
· Excellent business communication and grammar skills
· Ability to make sound independent decisions and use own initiative - Ability to decipher "urgent" and "necessary" activities needing executive's attention - and, the ability to handle the other matters.
· Understanding of organizational structures
Other preferred qualifications include:
· Supervisory experience
· Experience in preparing reports
To apply, please send your résumé to Nichole Dunn ndunn at slco.org<mailto:ndunn at slco.org>.
Melissa Yack Hall, MPA, ABD
MPA Program Manager
University of Utah
Orson Spencer Hall 214
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs