MPA and MPP Job list Executive Director Utah Film Center Job Opening
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Wed Aug 20 14:26:20 MDT 2014
Utah Film Center Executive Director
The Utah Film Center is seeking a visionary leader to build on its mission to leverage the power of film to build community, both in Salt Lake City and around the state of Utah. Since its inception in 2002, the Film Center has brought the world of film to local audiences through free community screenings and discussions, outreach programs, and visiting artists and professionals. Emphasizing social content and artistic excellence, the Film Center presents the best documentary, independent, and dramatic cinema year-round. Collaborating with various educational and community organizations, the Film Center promotes a diversity of ideas, provides forums for underrepresented groups, and develops new audiences for film.
The Executive Director is the primary administrator of the Film Center and reports directly to the Board of Directors. This position is responsible for financial management, human resources, program and policy development, public relations, fundraising and event management, and oversight of all activities of the organization. The Executive Director is the spokesperson for the Film Center. The ideal candidate for this position will have keen business acumen combined with a passionate commitment to arts and culture, arts education, media literacy, and community building, as demonstrated through their experience, education and/or volunteerism.
The ideal candidate is an executive at a respected nonprofit or public institution, or alternatively, brings significant nonprofit experience developed through voluntary service in the sector.
Founded in 2002 by Nicole Guillemet, Geralyn Dreyfous, and Kathryn Toll, the intention of the Utah Film Center is to build community through the power of film. At the time, there was limited opportunity to see significant, independent and documentary film year-round in Salt Lake City. By offering important, thought-provoking films free of charge both in Salt Lake City and in other communities throughout the state, the Film Center strives to nurture a strong film culture among Utah residents while exposing world-class filmmakers to Utah’s vibrant filmmaking tradition. The in-depth experience of the Film Center’s staff in film programming, production, and marketing provides the know-how to build film-related programming that entertains, inspires, and informs.
For more information, please visit www.utahfilmcenter.org<http://www.utahfilmcenter.org>
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Utah Film Center's staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
* Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
* Actively engage and energize Utah Film Center’s volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
* Oversee the hiring of staff and the management of all Human Resource functions.
* Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction.
* Lead, coach, develop, and retain Utah Film Center’s staff. Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
* Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations, statewide expansion, and a potential capital campaign for a stand-alone facility for Film Center programming.
* Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations.
Planning & New Business:
* Harness recommendations from current strategic business planning process for program expansion, potentially into a stand-alone facility for the Film Center to own and operate.
* Work effectively with City, County, and State governments and their legislative bodies.
* Refine partnerships in new Utah markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site
The ED will be thoroughly committed to the Film Center’s mission. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
* Bachelor’s degree with advanced degree desired, ideally an MBA, with at least 7 years of senior management experience
* Proven track record in managing a non-profit organization with a strong emphasis in fundraising
* Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
* Unwavering commitment to quality programs
* Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach and manage staff, set and achieve strategic objectives, and develop and manage a budget
* Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
* Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
* Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
* Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
* Demonstrate passion, idealism, integrity, a positive attitude, and be mission-driven and self-directed
* Willingness and enthusiasm to accommodate a demanding schedule with evenings and weekend work required for events throughout the year
Salary is commensurate with experience. The Film Center also offers the following benefits including:
* Medical Plan with 100% employer contribution
* Generous paid time off
* Paid monthly parking
How to Apply
Position open until filled. To be considered for this career opportunity, please submit cover letter, references and resume to: Holly Yocom, Executive Director – hyocom at utahfilmcenter.org<mailto:mdawson at utahfilmcenter.org>
Melissa Yack Hall
MPA Program Manager
University of Utah
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
OSH 214 - Directions to MPA Office: http://cppa.utah.edu/about/directions.php
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs