MPA and MPP Job list Utah Symphony/Utah Opera Grants Manager Position
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Tue Jul 29 15:25:18 MDT 2014
Development Grants Manager
Director of Foundation & Government Gifts
The Development Grants Manager serves as a member of the Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO) Development team with fundraising and stewardship responsibilities for contributed revenue from foundations, corporations, special projects, and government sources. The Grants Manager will be the primary team member responsible for writing, editing, and proofreading proposals, reports and communications for all institutional donors. The successful candidate will play an important role in achieving the organization's annual and long-range funding goals that support USUO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Work closely with the Director of Foundation & Government (F&G) Gifts, Vice President of Development, and the President & CEO to identify, research, and develop new sources of corporate, foundation and government funding. In addition, this position will work with the Director of Major Gifts to properly message and sustain campaign funding efforts.
* Work closely with the Director of Education & Community Outreach to ensure a high level of understanding and knowledge of existing programs as well as upcoming projects to effectively write and research for funding our statewide education programs.
* Become familiar with all programs and operations of USUO in order to create effective and focused proposals.
* With the Director of F&G, prepare proposals and collateral materials (including LOI, applications, and reports) and maintain a library of current proposal materials about all USUO programs for use as a resource by the Development team and senior USUO leadership in prospecting and solicitation activity.
* With the Development team, organize and ensure proper donor crediting in all USUO recognition vehicles (brochures, ads, website, etc.). Work with Marketing, Ticket Office, Artistic, Operations, and Finance departments to deliver promised benefits/reports and to develop innovative ways to provide added value to donors/maximum return on investment for USUO.
* With the Director of F&G, plan and implement foundation, corporate, and government proposals, including soliciting new gifts, managing renewals, developing prospects, overseeing benefits delivery (where applicable), completing grant reports and managing the database/metrics tracking.
* Prepare all reports required by funders, including but not limited to, proposals, applications, letters of inquiry, interim reports and final reports.
* Compile and update supplementary materials for all proposals in accordance with the requirements specified in the grant guidelines (examples of materials include board and committee lists, biographies of key personnel, repertoire lists, copies of critical reviews and other press information, statistics, and the production and labeling of audio/video materials)
* Annually research existing foundation, corporate, and government entities for changes or updates to funding guidelines and parameters.
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Capabilities:
Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of nonprofit experience; excellent writing skills with an ability to express concepts clearly and fluently while conveying a passion for the art forms, coupled with a keen eye for accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation; superb work ethic, good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines; ability to work independently and efficiently interact with others within the institution including trustees, staff, volunteers, and the community; excellent computer skills; the ideal candidate will have experience in proposal writing for foundation, corporate, and government grants; knowledge of fundraising practices; able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends on occasion. An affinity for the mission of USUO and a passion for the arts are an integral component of the Grants Manager position. Knowledge of Tessitura software preferred.
About Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera connects Utah communities through great live music, serving as the premier local provider of orchestral and operatic art forms. The Utah Symphony, which performs at Abravanel Hall, is one of the nation's only year-round orchestras. Together with Utah Opera, which performs at the Capitol Theatre, USUO reaches 450,000 citizens in Utah and the Intermountain region with educational outreach programs serving more than 200,000 students annually. The organization employs 57 staff and 85 full-time musicians, presenting four full operas, more than 70 symphony performances in each regular season, and over 200 education performances each year. Additionally, USUO performs community concerts throughout Utah and an annual summer series - the Deer Valley(r) Music Festival - in Park City, Utah. For more information, visit www.usuo.org<file:///C:\Users\HuangR\Documents\Strategy\www.usuo.org>.
Applicants should send Cover Letter, Resume with References and 2 Writing Samples to:
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
Attn: Kate Throneburg
123 West South Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Or by email to: jobs at usuo.org<mailto:jobs at usuo.org>
Application Deadline: Monday, August 11, 2014 12:00 Noon PM (MST)
Melissa Yack Hall, ABD, MPA
MPA Program Manager
Directions to OSH 214<http://cppa.utah.edu/about/directions.php>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs