MPA and MPP Job list Big Brothers Big Sisters Regional Coordinator
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Mon Mar 17 09:59:29 MDT 2014
Position Title: Regional Coordinator
Position Classification: Exempt
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Supervisor: Program Director
Updated: March 2014
This position responsible for implementing, overseeing and reporting on the program (s) of Big Brothers Big Sisters in a specific geographic area, and will be responsible for supervising enrollment and match support functions.. This person will also be responsible for identifying and utilizing local resources to increase program effectiveness and public awareness as well as becoming the voice of Big Brothers Big Sisters with the local community to include: local community organizations, public officials, business leaders and partners.
A. Service Delivery Responsibility
1. Responsibility for supervising the enrollment and matching team to provide high-level customer service throughout the effective implementation of the volunteer and child enrollment and matching process in accordance with the Big Brother Big Sister brand
2. Responsible for reporting out quality, quantity, and efficiency metrics as determined by the agency and National Standards for the region
3. Deliver Services as needed to meet region goals
4. Function as subject matter expert for all staff throughout the state in area of expertise (Enrollment or Match Support)
5. 50% of time will be spent in area of expertise (Enrollment or Match Support)
B. Community Development Position Responsibilities
1. Create and maintain a high level of involvement in assigned regions. (ex. PTA meetings, collaboration meetings, city council meetings, back to school nights etc.)
2. Annually, complete Memorandum of Understanding for all partnering schools and other partners in the region
3. Strategize and implement a volunteer recruitment plan suitable for designated regions
4. Provide oversight to regional and agency-sponsored activities that offer matches a variety of opportunities for group interaction and agency affiliation
5. Participate in Agency fundraising activities that will benefit the region and agency.
6. Represent BBBSU on community councils as needed
Minimum: Bachelors degree in social services, human resources or related field. Experience supervising staff or volunteers. Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake or interview experience, preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft OFFICE; including Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must have transportation, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums, to travel to communities for services. Bi-lingual in Spanish Preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service and high-level interviewing skills; ability to: form appropriate assessment-based relationships; relate well in multicultural environments; maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations; effectively collaborate with other volunteer match staff; use time effectively; and focus on details. Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. Travel as needed to visit clients in homes and participate in community events.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Jill.sundstrom at bbbsu.org
Melissa Yack Hall, MPA, ABD
MPA Program Manager
University of Utah
Orson Spencer Hall 214
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs