MPA and MPP Job list Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy Job Opening
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Fri Oct 31 08:55:01 MDT 2014
Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy
The Utah Council for Citizen Diplomacy (UCCD) offers an exceptional opportunity to work locally to help shape U.S. foreign relations “one hand-shake at a time.” Since 1967, UCCD has promoted respect and understanding between the people of Utah and other nations as a nonpartisan, nonprofit, community based organization. Successful candidates will have a passion for working for change at a grassroots level and a desire to excel in delivering quality programs.
UCCD serves as a private-sector partner with the U.S. Department of State to administer the International Visitor Leadership Program, a professional and cultural exchange program for emerging leaders. Each year UCCD welcomes nearly 400 leaders from over 100 different countries to Utah to meet with their professional counterparts and ordinary citizens. We are guided by the belief that respect and understanding is cultivated through person-to-person meetings and open dialogue. Help build a more peaceful world through citizen diplomacy!
The Program Officer is responsible for: Working with the Program Director to develop professional and cultural programs for participants in the U.S. Department of State’s International Visitor Leadership Program; scheduling meetings and assisting in managing hotel and transportation logistics; interacting positively with community leaders and volunteers while facilitating meetings and appointments; supporting the Program Director in researching and writing proposals; providing training and guidance to Program Interns; data entry and reporting; representing the organization in a variety of professional settings.
It is essential that the Program Officer be detail-oriented, creative, culturally-sensitive, and personable. Successful candidates must be able to work within a non-partisan context, within deadlines, have excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, outstanding organizational ability, and a general knowledge of data base programs.
The successful candidate will be committed to learning about, and appreciating, other cultures; be comfortable and confident working with community members in various fields; and be flexible and maintain composure under stress.
· Hours 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
· Some evenings required
· Must have own transportation
· Office conveniently located on the campus of Westminster College
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field; degrees in International Studies, International Business, and Political Science a plus; skilled in MS Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint); prior international experience a plus.
· Minimum of 2 – 3 years of progressively responsible experience in communications, international relations, or a related field
· Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex projects.
· Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
· Skilled in team building and team management
· Ability to excel in an environment with diverse stakeholders
· Based upon experience - $35,000K +
· Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Writing Sample to:
Laura Dupuy, Executive Director
ldupuy at utahdiplomacy.org<mailto:ldupuy at utahdiplomacy.org>
· Position available immediately and applications accepted until position is filled
· To learn more visit: www.utahdiplomacy.org<http://www.utahdiplomacy.org>
Melissa Yack Hall
MPA Program Manager
University of Utah
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
OSH 214 - Directions to MPA Office: http://cppa.utah.edu/about/directions.php
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs