MPA and MPP Job list Naples City, City Manager Opening
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Wed Sep 3 09:28:29 MDT 2014
OPEN DATE: August 28, 2014
CLOSE DATE: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Administrator/Planner Department: Administration
FLSA Status: Exempt Salary Range: $3,900 to $5,417per month
Depending on Experience/Education.
Summary Statement of Overall Purpose/Goal of Position:
Serves as the chief appointed official of Naples City, performs a variety of administrative and managerial duties related to planning, landuse, directing, organizing, grant writing, typing and proof reading complex and highly confidential reports, letters and memos. General management of the City and the development of its assets. Performs complex technical duties in the development and updating of policy, ordinances and city codes. Reviews, approves plans and specifications for compliance with city standards for city projects and city budgets. Responds directly to many incoming public inquiries and complaints via telephone or in person; Provides information to the public on a very broad range of topics. Schedules appointments, makes reservations and arranges conferences and meetings that may involve high level community, government and business leaders: Assists in preparing comprehensive reports, minutes of meetings and agendas for meetings: Serves as staff to the Employee Safety Committee. Performs duties that may Include light physical effort such as lifting (70lbs), bending, stooping and walking and prolonged sitting at a desk or computer terminal. Work may require an exposure to stressful circumstances, including the meeting of deadlines, other stressful work conditions and contact with the public in sensitive or difficult situations.
* Assists the Mayor in managing the internal affairs of the City by providing the Mayor, Council and department heads with policy information and recommendations about budget fiscal administration.
* Working with department heads prepares plans and programs concerning the development, operation and needs of the City and submits such plans to the Mayor and City Council to be approved and developed.
* Works with the City Recorder and department heads in developing budgets and grant development for current and future projects.
* Examines and verifies the accuracy of all grants, project reports, bonds, vouchers and accounts including various federal funding, State, CIB, CDBG accounts and district revenue sharing and road funds.
* Prepares documents for audits of grants and other revenue sources.
* Manages City-wide risk reduction programs. Works closely with department heads to observe current programs and procedures to maximize safety and recognize and minimize risk, implements new risk management programs and procedures as recommended by the Cities insurance provider.
* Acts as purchasing agent for the City; defines policy approved by City Council; working with department heads authorizes purchases to be taken before the Council for approval; reviews proposed contracts and makes recommendations to governing body; monitors conformance to contracts and agreements.
* Supervises the care and custody of all City property, reviews insurance policies for real property and bonding for employees.2
* Meets with and answers inquiries from homeowners, architects, designers, engineers' contractors, utilities, lawyers, judges and developers on City code design requirements, zoning and maintains a good relationship with them.
* Handles public complaints; provides information on departmental policies and functions.
* Serves as a representative of Naples City, demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through the display of professionalism, courtesy and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with other employees and with the public.
* To professionally furnish and obtain information from other agencies; which requires a well developed sense of strategy and timing.
* Works independently with little supervision and be able to work under stressful and all weather conditions.
* Research for information.
* Carries out all programs and schedules to completion (audit ready).
* Provides general direction and supervision to department heads related to implementation of all policy changes and directives of the Mayor and City Council.
* Keeps current on best practices.
* Perform other duties as Mayor and Council assign.
Education and Experience:
* Requires a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in public administration, public finance and rural/urban planning or AICP certification, or related field and at least five of progressively responsible experience, three of which must have been in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Working knowledge of computer hardware and software applications such as Microsoft Office and ArcGIS. Be able to create graphic designs, development strategies and render site plans via sketches and or computer graphics.
* Must possess and maintain a valid Utah State driver's license with periodic verifications by the City.
These bullet points are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of this position. These bullet points are not intended to and do not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. The City reserves the right to add or change duties at any time. The successful candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background Investigation.
Disclosures: At will employee. The employee will reside in Naples City as a permanent resident within two (2) years of employment. The work environment is tobacco, alcohol and drug free.
To Apply: Individuals interested in this position must submit an Naples City Application, copies of required certifications, a resume, criminal background check and three references to Naples City, Attention Mayor Dean Baker, 1420 East 2850 South Naples, Utah 84078 or email to: wbs at easilink.com
The application can be found on Naples City Web Page: www.naplescityut.gov
The City will make reasonable efforts in the application process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you have special needs, please call 435 789 9090. Applications have been classified as private and will be held confidential.
Melissa Yack Hall, ABD, MPA
MPA Program Manager
Directions to OSH 214<http://cppa.utah.edu/about/directions.php>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs