MPA and MPP Job list Two Openings - UofU Student Affairs
melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Wed Sep 24 08:52:15 MDT 2014
Implement new student programs in conjunction with campus partners. Facilitate smooth and successful transition for new students. Plan and implement the Campus Life Mentor program, Swoop Camp programs, Peer Mentor Institute, and first-year class events and communications. Ensure continuity and customer service between department and community. Support all orientation programs.
1. Strategically plan, implement, and assess first-year experience programs including the Campus Life Mentor program, Picture Your First Year, Swoop Camps, and the First-Year Class Picture
2. Manage recruitment, selection, training, supervision, motivation, and evaluation of staff, including approximately 1 Graduate Assistant, 40 mentors, 10 Swoop Camp Captains
3. Coordinate the creation of first-year class communications
4. Lead the planning, implementation, and assessment for the Peer Mentor Institute
5. Project, manage, and account for program budgets
6. Ensure quality customer service for new students, parents and family members of students, University partners, and the greater community
7. Other duties as assigned
Implement new student orientation programs in conjunction with campus partners. Facilitate smooth transition for new students and transfer students. Organize and implement all transfer student programs. Ensure continuity and customer service between department and community.
1. Organizes, implements, and evaluates all new student orientation programs including online and in-person orientation (first-year, transfer, and parent & family)
2. Manages the recruiting, selection, training, and assessment of approximately 30 orientation staff members and two Orientation Team Leads, through intentional student leadership development activities and trainings, in conjunction with the Associate Director.
3. Works with office staff to manage the orientation communications plan including phone calls, email campaigns, and social media.
4. Organizes campus partners and orientation scheduling for all orientations (Fall, Spring, and Summer)
5. Maintains and updates the orientation registration system and generate reports as needed.
6. Communicates numbers to campus partners regarding first-semester course planning, orientation registration, and orientation attendance
7. Organizes, implements, and evaluates all transfer student programs
8. Advises Tau Sigma National Honor Society
9. Supervises a Graduate Assistant and potentially other graduate and undergraduate level personnel
10. Ensures continuity and quality customer service between the Office of Orientation & Leadership and University constituencies, new students, parents & family members, and the community.
11. Other duties as assigned
Melissa Yack Hall, ABD, MPA
MPA Program Manager
Directions to OSH 214<http://cppa.utah.edu/about/directions.php>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs