MPA and MPP Job list New Job Postings, Nonprofit Academy of Excellence Accepting Applications

Melissa Hall melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Tue Aug 4 09:11:50 MDT 2015

Ballet West - Foundation and Government Grants Manager
https://utahnonprofits.org/jobs/5-development/9276-foundation-and-government-gran

Junior Achievement - President
https://utahnonprofits.org/jobs/3-management/9262-president

Alliance for a Better Utah - Executive Director
https://utahnonprofits.org/jobs/3-management/8745-executive-director

Sutherland Institute - Director of Center for Education Progress
https://utahnonprofits.org/jobs/3-management/9039-director-of-center-for-educati

Salt Lake City - Parks and Public Lands Program Director
https://dotnet.slcgov.com/ManagementServices/JobApplication/RequisitionDetail/Index/1f4cdd3c-026a-485f-acad-f95aaba8a48a

Salt Lake County - Associate Division Director - Strategy and Operational Planning
https://www2.apply2jobs.com/SaltLakeCounty/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=3445&CurrentPage=1

The Nonprofit Academy for Excellence at the University of Utah - Call for Applications!
The core strategy of the Nonprofit Academy Certificate Program is a commitment to professional principle and best practice standards. Launched by the University of Utah in 2007, the Academy was collaboratively built with the community, academicians, consultants, and practitioners. The Nonprofit Academy aims to enhance professionalism among those engaged in the nonprofit sector whether as an executive director, staff member, board member, or volunteer. We are proud of the more than 500 participants who have invested in their professional development and contributed to the sustainability of their nonprofit organizations. In these interactive classes, key concepts are demonstrated using examples provided by the instructors. Participants will practice what they have learned by developing and applying strategies to their own circumstances. Participants will also learn from each other and develop relationships that are an essential part of building successful nonprofit organizations.
"The Academy provides a service for which I am immensely grateful.  On a personal level, the exposure to new ideas helps me stretch my organizational creativity; on a professional level, I can see that Utah nonprofits benefit from the professionalizing influence.  I could probably piece together some of this education through a careful selection of books and travelling to expensive training across the country, but I would undoubtedly find the time and money spent had a much lower return on investment.  The Academy provides a greatest hits of nonprofit leadership and management with the added bonus of all of the local networking that students and instructors do in and around the classes.  The Academy is a great asset to the local nonprofit community." - Academy participant
Fall 2015 Applications Due August 21st. Apply Today!<https://continue.utah.edu/nonprofit/howtoapply> Admission to the certificate program is by online application only. The Certificate Program consists of seven days of coursework. Upon admission to the program, students have two years to complete the seven course requirements. Tuition is $1275 for the entire program and includes materials and seven days of instruction. Scholarships and financial assistance awards are available for the certificate program thanks to our many funders. Learn more about the program and our community supporters here: https://continue.utah.edu/nonprofit
Note: Fall 2015 Academy classes begin mid-September!

Melissa Yack Hall, MPA, Ph.D.
MPA Program Manager
www.mpa.utah.edu<http://www.mpa.utah.edu/>
801.585.7985