MPA and MPP Job list Case Management & Housing Services Manager Job Opening

Melissa Hall melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Fri Feb 19 16:57:49 MST 2016

Salt Lake CAP/Head Start Job Description

Job Title: Case Management & Housing Services Manager
Department: Housing
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer of Social Services
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Classification:  F
Pay Grade: 7

Summary:  This position is responsible for managing the case management services and housing programs including but not limited to: developing resources for safe and affordable housing; adhering to federal, state, and local program regulations; establishing effective case management, housing stabilization and relocation services. In addition to the management of the housing programs, this position will also meet with community partners and assist in developing interdependent housing and case management initiatives.

Joint Accountability
Key Result #1:  90% of clients will receive services to enhance health and well-being.
Key Result #2:  95% of Head Start children will be developmentally prepared for future school success.
Key Result #3:  80% of clients will make gains toward self-sufficiency.
Key Result #4:  95% of our clients, staff and partners believe our agency is a valuable asset to the community.

Cultural Beliefs

  1.  We are One
I collaborate with all departments to achieve our Key Results.

  1.  Solution Driven
I approach challenges with innovative solutions.

  1.  Open Communication
I seek and receive honest and timely feedback.

  1.  Change is Opportunity

I embrace the opportunity for change to achieve our Key Results.

  1.  Quality Services

I use monitoring as a tool to achieve Key Results.

Qualifications:  Must have the ability to plan and project a three year minimal strategy for housing programs. Must work collaboratively and holistically with leadership teams.  Must be organized and able to delegate responsibilities.  Must maintain full compliance with all private, federal, state and local funding requirements.

Skills:

  *   Knowledge of community resources, agencies and referral procedures.
  *   Sensitivity to needs of families from various economic and ethnic backgrounds.
  *   Must have ability to work with community professionals.
  *   Understanding of the concept and philosophy of Head Start and Community Action Program.
  *   Ability to use good judgment.
  *   Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
  *   Ability to relate to low-income people.
  *   Strong organizational skills.
  *   Knowledge of various word processing and spreadsheets software.
  *   Knowledge of internet and email.
  *   Knowledge of Performance Standards.
  *   Supervisory skills.
  *   Strong interpersonal skills.
  *   Public speaking skills.

Education / Training / Experience:  Bachelor degree social/human services or related field and 3 years of supervisory experience required.  Prior experience managing grant-funded programs preferred.  Prior non-profit experience preferred.

Core Elements/Responsibilities:

  *   Design and implement comprehensive case management.

·       Responsible for the execution and implementation of Housing programs.

·       Plans, examines, analyzes, and evaluates Housing program operations.

·       Maintains strong knowledge of research-based interventions that support family well-being, and educates staff on such interventions.

·       Demonstrates skills that prevent and resolve conflict amongst staff and/or staff and families.

·       Utilizes written materials and ongoing interactions with staff (e.g., job descriptions, initial orientation, ongoing training, supervision, and evaluation) to clearly communicate expectations of staff.

  *   Directly supervise housing staff.
  *   Is knowledgeable about reflective supervision and how to support inter-staff relationships.
  *   Conducts monthly one-on-one mentoring session with staff

·       Utilizes ongoing monitoring to collect and analyze meaningful data around program operations to improve overall services.

  *   Works closely with the Management Team in providing input, problem solving and decision-making that determines the direction and operation of agency.
  *   Works closely with program content areas to ensure that all federal, state and local policies and regulations are implemented throughout the program.
  *   Understands and promotes the philosophy and mission of Salt Lake Community Action to the broader community.
  *   Works closely with the Accounting Department in regards to fiscal compliance.

Employment Standards and Requirements:

  *   Good attendance is a requirement of the job
  *   Professional behavior is a requirement of the job
  *   Accountability and responsibility for work is a requirement of the job
  *   Meeting timelines and deadlines are a requirement of the job
  *   Must be flexible to meet changing demands and expectations
  *   Must pass background check and drug/alcohol screening
  *   Must follow Salt Lake CAP personnel policies as outlined in the employee handbook

  *   Must maintain strict confidentially of the information regarding the tenants, their families and other staff.
  *   Must maintain accurate records.
  *   Must have reliable transportation

This position is required to drive as part of the job duties?

___    Yes, this position is required to drive Agency owned vehicle only as part of the job duties, therefore a valid Utah driver’s license must be maintained at all times while employed in this position.  The Agency liability insurance carrier will, at new hire and annually, review the driving record of individual to determine acceptability of driver liability coverage.

_x_    Yes, this position is required to drive personal vehicle as part of the job duties, therefore a valid Utah driver’s license and current personal automobile insurance must be maintained at all times while employed in this position.  The Agency liability insurance carrier will, at new hire and annually, review the driving record of individual to determine acceptability of driver liability coverage.

___    No, this position is not required to drive as part of the job duties.

Physical Demands:

This job requires mobility and physical dexterity, and the ability to read, focus, organize, recall and retain information.

All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.

This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.

Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.

This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.

I have read, understand, and am able to perform the job duties and requirements as described above.

Employee Signature                                                   Date

Melissa Yack Hall
MPA Program Manager
University of Utah

melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu