MPA and MPP Job list Development Associate Position - First Step House

Melissa Hall melissa.hall at mpa.utah.edu
Fri Jul 29 08:07:50 MDT 2016

<https://utahnonprofits.org/membership/job-board/all_ads>

Description
Salary: $40,000

Job Description: Our mission statement is we help people build lives of meaning, purpose and recovery. We are currently hiring for a Development Associate. The Development Associate will provide essential fundraising, communications, and special event support. Major responsibilities include assisting with fundraising and communication initiatives including, grant research and proposal writing, donor cultivation and engagement, event planning and execution, assistance in executing a capital campaign, and generating content for publications, our website, and social media sites. Does this sound like something you want be a part of? We are a non profit substance abuse treatment facility dedicated to our mission statement. Our team fosters a culture of honesty, transparency, proactive problem solving and a purpose and belief in something bigger than ourselves. We are looking to hire staff that have an established set of skills but are coachable. We hire the best employees that look at how to solve problems rather than the reasons something can’t be done. We believe in supporting our employees and encouraging both professional and personal growth. At First Step House you will help people to build lives of purpose, meaning and recovery in your daily activities by:
• Grant writing
• Conduct research to identify prospective funders and create an annual grant proposal calendar
• Prepare grant-funding proposals and reports
• Assist in our year-end gift campaign, including producing letters, organizing the mailing, and personal follow-up
• Manage donor database, including entering data and running reports
• Assist with creating and delivering presentations to donors, partners, and stakeholders

If this mission statement, culture, and job sound appealing to you, then please email your resume and a few sentences on why you would like to work for us.
This is a full time position with benefits that include:
• Generous PTO (first year starts at 18 days) and holiday policy (14 observed holidays a year including your birthday)
• Group Health
• 401 k employer matching
• Dental
• Vision
• Life Insurance
• Opportunity for annual merit increase
• Opportunity for annual bonus

Rate of pay is $40,000 annually depending on experience.
This position will close at 4:00 PM on August 12, 2016.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Experience in the behavioral health field is preferred. Knowledge of donor database platforms, specifically DonorPerfect, a plus. For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org

Location: salt lake city

https://utahnonprofits.org/membership/job-board/5-development/12038-development-associate

Melissa Yack Hall
MPA Program Manager