MPA and MPP Job list Public Policy Research Analyst position, Centerville UT
erin.moore at mpa.utah.edu
Tue Nov 8 10:52:03 MST 2016
Public Policy Research Analyst
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and Economic & Social Development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for over 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company.
We are seeking a Public Policy Research Analyst to join our MTC Institute team .
The MTC Institute was established in 2002 as an independent research unit of the corporation. MTC recognizes the need for research to support a framework of initiatives involving Job Corps, Corrections, MTC Medical, and Economic & Social Development. Institute research focuses on best practices within education and training programs, staffing, and costs. The Institute benefits MTC’s customers, staff, and the industries associated with the corporation’s divisions.
Essential Functions include:
1. Extract relevant data, compile figures and prepare reports utilizing latest research results.
2. Gather and review data regarding job training, at-risk populations, corrections, medical, and workforce development
to project trends.
3. Compile and tabulate data from a variety of sources; devises charts, graphs, and tables for the presentation of this information.
4. Transform raw data into more usable forms via various statistical formulae and equations.
5. Interpret results of statistical compilations, detects inconsistencies in reported data, and attempts to explain causes.
6. Stay abreast of current trends regarding workforce development, corrections, youth training, education and privatization.
7. Recommend publication plan timelines, gather material, interview contributors, and write and edit publications.
8. Participate in identifying MTC Institute projects.
9. Provide needed research as requested by management.
10. Make presentations at internal and external meetings and conferences, as requested.
11. Participate in MTC Institute meetings and share research.
12. Maintain MTC Institute website pages, both internally and externally.
13. Apply sound quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
14. Manage time effectively across multiple projects, with several managers and competing priorities.
15. Gather anecdotal information through staff interviews and surveys.
16. Maintain accountability of property; adheres to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in social science, history, public policy administration, economics or related field and two years related experience. Master’s degree preferred. Must also have experience in education, training, workforce and/or corrections programs, policy and data analysis; superior research, writing and editing skills. Must be willing and able to travel. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Unless waived by management, valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Scott DeCloedt, PHR
Manager, Talent Acquisition
Phone: (801) 693-2604 | Cell: (801) 200-4470
[cid:image003.png at 01D03192.C8A38410]<https://www.umail.utah.edu/owa/redir.aspx?REF=JlgDpuac22U42-9ac2G4vSZPUlj5rjMZoK4vkycSJ3Tb2nvB_wfUCAFodHRwOi8vd3d3Lm10Y3RyYWlucy5jb20v>[cid:image004.png at 01D03192.C8A38410]<https://www.umail.utah.edu/owa/redir.aspx?REF=tJn1Stp3kKeVH3ixFZzRsyMBYAI5Sm5mABeUvXa6mCsAAXzB_wfUCAFodHRwczovL3d3dy5mYWNlYm9vay5jb20vbXRjdHJhaW5zZmI.> [cid:image005.png at 01D03192.C8A38410] <https://www.umail.utah.edu/owa/redir.aspx?REF=xaQvrAcKq6MeSU6ATje5pbjyr-Rq46XEpJmhV4DtPf4AAXzB_wfUCAFodHRwczovL3d3dy5saW5rZWRpbi5jb20vY29tcGFueS9tdGN0cmFpbnNpbg..> [cid:image006.png at 01D03192.C8A38410] <https://www.umail.utah.edu/owa/redir.aspx?REF=UpJSSLJ6RL0zcru09pl-Ll3-hSO1ZJUlCRozMf8ozoYAAXzB_wfUCAFodHRwczovL3d3dy55b3V0dWJlLmNvbS91c2VyL01UQ1RyYWluc1RW>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs