MPA and MPP Job list Opportunities: Elwood Professional, Western Governors University, Park City, and Weber State
erin.moore at mpa.utah.edu
Fri Oct 7 11:58:27 MDT 2016
Dear MPA students and alum,
Please see the job opportunities posted below. These positions will especially be of interest to those of you interested in energy, environmental policy, city management, or higher education.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Program Director (Residential Energy Efficiency)
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
We help thousands of businesses and individuals reduce energy use and lower their utility bills through energy programs that we design, market and implement. We have the courage to change
We engage: Everyone plays a part in shaping our culture, We’re more than just employees: Our talents and ambitions stretch far beyond our jobs.
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
* This position will allow you to make a name for yourself and be recognized as a leader.
* Health and dental plans, Paid vacations and holidays, Life Insurance, Short and long term disability plans
* Relocation assistance
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: Program Director (Residential Energy Efficiency)
The Director will have fiscal and strategic responsibility for all program areas and will facilitate business development in Utah in partnership with the business development team.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the residential energy efficiency industry and a strong operational background with an ability to manage details and build relationships across the organization. Applicants should have considerable experience in business and client management as well as providing mentorship and guidance to senior staff members.
* Continually reassess and evolve program strategies in partnership with clients
* Ensure impeccable and timely delivery of program and contract deliverables
* Deeply understand client perspective and needs to provide teams relevant context and maintain high levels of client satisfaction
* Meet quarterly with clients to ensure client satisfaction and to address issues as they arise
* Coordinate and foster collaboration with other programs across regions to optimize performance
* Analyze and mitigate risks associated with contract requirements
* Oversee program revenue goals and forecast revenue and expense streams
* Identify key business opportunities and develop successful strategies to increase business
COMMUNITY: Salt Lake City, UT
BACKGROUND PROFILE: Program Director (Residential Energy Efficiency)
* Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred
* 10+ years program/project management
* Significant experience in energy efficiency required; residential EE experience preferred
* Significant experience with contract, budget, and resource management of multiple large programs
* Proven leadership ability managing large, complex teams with multiple high-quality deliverables
* Experience leading cross-functional staff in a highly matrixed environment preferred
* Robust communicator and relationship management abilities with multiple types of clients, partners, stakeholders and staff
* Skilled at presenting complex information to all audiences
* Strong organizational and adaptive management skills
Director of Enrollment
Western Governors University<https://www.umail.utah.edu/owa/redir.aspx?REF=YiylQnbiRjSQq68gdGEoTjyJAJuTmQMzzfWuohN6UMXOjcJC2e7TCAFodHRwczovL3d3dy5saW5rZWRpbi5jb20vY29tcGFueS93ZXN0ZXJuLWdvdmVybm9ycy11bml2ZXJzaXR5L2NhcmVlcnM_dHJrPWpvYl92aWV3X3RvcGNhcmRfY29tcGFueV9uYW1l>
Salt Lake City, UT
Under the direction of the Vice President of Enrollment, the Enrollment Director is responsible for enrolling and retaining the desired number of students for Western Governors University (WGU), while ensuring that the appropriate culture within the workplace is maintained in order to retain employees. In this capacity, the Director will manage a large team responsible for the development of a comprehensive strategy that will enable WGU to meet enrollment and retention targets and maintain a positive student and employee experience.
In addition, the Director will work closely with WGU leadership to provide feedback and management of new program launches, program updates, employee feedback, training conferences, management meetings, and employee retention. This requires close collaboration and shared priorities between the admissions office, administration, program directors, marketing, the People Org., and direct reports.
Essential Functions And Responsibilities
Develop comprehensive enrollment strategy for WGU including staffing, policies/procedures, processes, and employee recognition.
* Collaborate with other departments to ensure a positive student and employee experience
* Aid enrollmentmanagement in marketing, goals, improvement, and strategic initiatives
* Provide support and leadership to Senior Managers, Enrollment Managers, and Enrollment Counselors
* Monitor enrollment process for efficiency and improvement
* Act as student contact for additional assistance beyond the senior manager.
* Design/maintain systems to manage and track student progress within enrollment
* Develop and implement goals for enrollment staff
* Prioritize and execute on efficiency projects within the department
* Work closely with other department leadership to ensure a positive student and employee experience
* Provide feedback to WGU administration regarding the nature of student concerns
* Serve as key contact for Mentors and Academic peer groups to maintain a communications/information bridge
* Conduct hiring and training
* Conduct performance evaluations
* Continual improvement expected with individual and collective employee performance, motivation, and commitment to students
* Help prioritize department strategies to improve student experience and achieve goals
* Coordinate recognition and team events
* Ensure consistent compliance with regulatory guidelines
* Manage budgeted dollars for employee recognition, overtime, travel, etc.
* Maintain appropriate staffing levels for each team
* Act on behalf of VP when appropriate or VP is not available
* Strong oral and written communication skills as well as and interpersonal skills
* Strong Microsoft Office skills
* Ability to effectively create content and present in front of large groups
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Experience in a call center environment
* Some travel required
* Master’s degree in education or a related field
* Five or more years work experience in recruitment or admissions
* Strong experience with distance education and distance learning students is preferred
* Five or more years’ experience managing a large team of both remote and in office employees
Manager-Public Works--Parking & Fleet
Park City Municipal Corporation<https://www.umail.utah.edu/owa/redir.aspx?REF=6N4DP1dRa1YTr08L5MnUAww7KNzNJqLtKW-ORz89rrw8eVJT1-7TCAFodHRwczovL3d3dy5saW5rZWRpbi5jb20vY29tcGFueS9wYXJrLWNpdHktbXVuaWNpcGFsLWNvcnBvcmF0aW9uP3Ryaz1qb2Jfdmlld190b3BjYXJkX2NvbXBhbnlfbmFtZQ..>
Park City, Utah
Under the guidance of the Transit & Public Works Director is responsible for the preparation and administration of an annual operating budget of $700,000, annual revenues of $900,000, and capital budget of $200,000 for Parking Services, coupled with the administration of annual operating budget of $2.3 million and annual capital budget of approximately $600,000 for Fleet Services.
• Includes all aspects of the day to day operation and exercising direct supervision over personnel, financial and project management of the City’s parking program including garages, surface lots and residential parking areas along with the Fleet Services Department including mechanics, garages and equipment, and procurement to assure both overall department objectives are achieved.
• Writes Staff Reports and presents to City Council.
• Responsible for five (5) direct reports with potential to increase.
• Responsible to ensure customer service standards are maintained in various Public Works operations for internal and external customers.
• Oversees various Public Works mechanical systems.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ability to perform well under pressure when dealing with personnel, department customers and the public within a busy environment.
• Strong working knowledge of parking enforcement equipment and procedures.
• Knowledge of the State and Federal laws and Regulations governing the transportation of passengers and required vehicle maintenance and safety checks.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships with the Transit & Public Works Director, Fleet Operations Team Leaders, Transit Team, Fleet Services Customers and the public through maintaining a professional attitude.
• Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in decision-making.
• Ability to communicate effectively in a timely manner, both orally and in writing, and in public speaking before various sized groups and media interaction.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a self-managed team environment
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to obtain City National Incident Management System (NIMS)Certification
Program Coordinator - Weber State University Center for Community Engaged Learning
The program coordinator is a multi-faceted position, responsible for various programs intended to increase community engaged learning (CEL) opportunities for WSU students, staff, faculty and community partners. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating new programs such as community engagement programs that support students through graduation and CEL-designated departments in Student Affairs, as well as maintaining existing initiatives such as campus-wide days of community engagement, the CIVITAS program and the Engaged Learning Series. This position will work with diverse campus and community stakeholders.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Work with Weber State departments, community nonprofits and local school districts to develop recruitment and retention plans that support underrepresented student engagement.
- Serve as the liaison between the Center for Community Engaged Learning and Student Affairs by working with departments to create, sustain and assess community engaged learning opportunities.
- Organize campus-wide days of community engagement and work with WSU departments to increase participation.
- Provide logistical support for the Community Engaged Learning Series and the CIVITAS program.
- Provide consultation, training and assistance to staff on implementing effective community engagement tools and opportunities for themselves, their staff and the students they serve.
- Oversee development of programs that support student engagement from freshman/transfer year to graduation.
- Work with Faculty-In-Residence CCEL team member to incorporate CEL Designated Departments within Student Affairs.
- Maintain accurate records in WeberSync that record hours of community engagement related to programs overseen and prepare reports related to projects.
- Serve as a trip adviser for the alternative breaks program, as needed.
- Review and evaluate programs and make enhancements to improve effectiveness, learning outcomes and future offerings.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs