MPA and MPP Job list Executive Director: Rape Recovery Center (SLC)
erin.moore at mpa.utah.edu
Fri Oct 18 14:14:38 MDT 2019
Salary: $70,000-75,000 annually
Location: SALT LAKE CITY, UT, 84105
The Executive Director is responsible for providing key leadership at the Rape Recovery Center and overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan for the organization. Key Duties will include fundraising, marketing, board cultivation, and community relations. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. Supervising the work of four department directors heading the divisions of the Center, the Executive Director will oversee a solid staff with a mix of skill levels. Knowledge and experience in working within a social justice (anti-oppression, diversity, equity and inclusion) framework and understanding of intersectionality is an important component of the ED job. A deep passion for the field of sexual violence and understanding of trauma, prevention, and outreach will be necessary for this role. The Executive Director will supervise fund development, with a specific focus on a Capital Campaign, with the end result being a new building for the Center. Experience with non-profit fundraising, including annual giving, major giving, planned giving, and donor relations is required for success. The Executive Director will collaborate with the greater community to optimize services for the populations that the RRC serves; supervise organizational program development; advise and inform the RRC Board of Directors of all agency activities; and raise the RRC's profile in the community through public relations.
Fundraising / Capital Campaign
* Create, execute and lead all aspects of a capital campaign strategy to relocate the Rape Recovery Center into a new, larger and more accessible building
* Experience creating and managing a budget of at least $2 Million, including forecasting, strategic planning, and assessing ongoing agency needs -or similar experience
* In collaboration with the Department Directors, Board of Directors and agency staff, establish the annual budget and monitor spending and revenues on a regular basis
* Identify new potential funding sources to drive agency growth
* Develop donor relationships in partnership with the Development Director and help raise funds to support RRC operations and programs
* Cultivate new partners and means for pursuing earned income
* Work with the Board of Directors to develop the strategic plan and establish opportunities for the board to assist with events, fundraising, marketing, and other areas of meaningful involvement and impact
Community Network / Public Relations / Public Policy
* Represent the RRC as a spokesperson to media sources.
* Represent the RRC at local and state functions addressing issues of sexual assault.
* Seek partnerships in the community that allow the RRC to improve services for survivors of sexual assault.
* Identify potential collaborative resources to assist the RRC in meeting its mission and leveraging funding.
* Develop and guide RRC policy, including championing new legislation to serve the client population and the community.
* Guide the board and community toward having a working knowledge of sexual assault issues that influence legislation and rules and regulations affecting federal funding and public policy.
Board Administration and Support
* With department directors, support operations and administration of the board by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff, and supporting the board evaluation of the executive director leadership.
* In conjunction with the chair, enable the board to fulfill its governance function.
* Give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization's philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Experience running a multi-faceted organization
* Experience with organizational budget management
* Experience with non-profit fundraising and donor relations
* Proven experience working from a social justice framework
Reports to: Board of Directors
Open Date: 10/1/2019
Close Date: 11/1/2019
How to Apply: send resume and letter of intent to jobs at raperecoverycenter.org<mailto:jobs at raperecoverycenter.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Mpajobs